Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Brain or Beauty?

Smart or thin? Rich or ugly? Women still conflicted. ------ Women still have a complex and contradictory relationship with their own image. According to a poll released on Tuesday, about 25 percent of 2,000 women aged 18-34 those were questioned would rather win the "America's Next Top Model" TV show than the Nobel Peace Prize. On the other question, although about 75 percent of women surveyed said they'd be willing to shave their heads to save the life of a stranger, more than a quarter of those taking part admitted they would make their best friend fat for life, if it meant they could be thin. As for that age-old dilemma of whether to marry for wealth or looks, half of the 18- to 24-year-olds questioned said they would marry an ugly man if he were a multimillionaire. The poll for U.S. television network Oxygen, which is targeted at young women, also found that 88 percent of 18- to 34-year-old women would happily give up their cell phone, jewelry and makeup to keep a friendship. "This survey proves an interesting dissection of today's woman and how she relates her personal image with what she values in her life," said Dr. Jenn Berman, psychotherapist and judge of the upcoming new Oxygen series "Pretty Wicked". "As shown in several results, women today are a complex combination of altruistic and materialistic, vain and insecure, loyal and self-serving. This survey highlights the dichotomy in all of us," Berman said. (Reuters via Yahoo/ Photo by Hanif Nashrullah)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]